Wednesday, July 19, 2017

My Assistant

I was IT manager for a large consulting firm in the late 1980s and after implementing a production IT system, was looking around for a local user organising tool. This was before the days of MS Outlook, or other more sophisticated PIMs that brought notes, diary and do-lists together.

My Assistant was reviewed in a newspaper article; the developer was in North Sydney, near my office, so I dropped in to visit. He demonstrated the software, which he had developed for a politician friend of his.

It looked great, but the board of my company was less impressed, being keen pen and paper users.

Here's a screen from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I'd love to hear your comments, but if they are off topic, ranting, badly spelt, or just plain dull, I'll shred them.