Friday, January 13, 2017

Writing on computer

I'm a sucker for writing applications. Serious writing takes something like Scrivener, which I've had for years, and of course I have and use Word for businessy  type writing. I also loaded up Ability suite of office type applications, along with the Libra set. I was after something that loaded fast and was quick to use. I'd used Ability back in the days of DOS, and liked it well enough then, so worth a look, I thought.

Amazingly the little Ability Write is as slow as a wet week to load, but OK once in. LibraOffice is quick enough, but I've slipped back to Jarte, a nice quick tool based on Microsoft WordPad for my everyday quick writing.

Notes are a different thing. I use ResophNotes, linked to my Simplenote account, mostly. The great Cintanotes for more serious stuff, which could end up in Zoot or Ultra Recall, depending on what it's for, but usually Zoot. I couldn't resist Quicknote because of its cute start point. Its just for jotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I'd love to hear your comments, but if they are off topic, ranting, badly spelt, or just plain dull, I'll shred them.